NEPS Advice & Resources for keeping Children and Young People well during Covid-19
The Department of Education and Skills’ NEPS psychologists have developed advice and some resources for young people to manage and stay well when schools are closed.
- Advice to young people while schools are closed
- Plan for the Day
- Blank Plan for the Day
- Relaxation techniques (text)
- Relaxation techniques (podcast)
Minister Harris answers children's questions on Covid-19
Grow in Love
RTE launches 'School on tv' on Monday 30th of March
RTÉ are providing a daily virtual classroom for all primary school children. Watch it weekdays on RTÉ2 from 11am, and anytime on the RTÉ player. Keep an eye on www.rte.ie/learn for supporting worksheets and other materials.
Moves For Life (MFL) is an organisation of chess experts who support primary schools chess in Ireland. MFL are now offering free online chess activities for children from now until Ireland goes back to normality. Click on the PDF below for more details
Useful ideas & links
- https://www.mathsweek.ie/2019/maths-at-home/ use this link to take part in daily maths activities. Each day you will find a fun maths activity that you can do with everyday things that you might have at home.
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ - This is a great website with lots of maths games. You can find 'hit the button' to practice your addition, subtraction, multiplication and division tables and also 'The daily 10'. Why not try the daily 10 with your brothers, sisters, or even parents!
- https://www.twinkl.ie/ - This website is offering free membership for parents at the moment. You can sign up and find worksheets, powerpoint presentations and a lot more on a wide variety of topics.
- https://www.gonoodle.com/ - A fantastic resource to get some exercise- even if its raining! There is also lots of meditation and yoga available on this website.
- www.seomraranga.com Complete a daily 'Stay at Home' quiz with your family to build on your general knowledge.
- https://www.storyberries.com/ This is a free online collection of easy-to-read and beautifully illustrated stories, comics and poems for children.
- https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1 From Monday 23rd of March Joe Wicks will be doing a PE workout live every morning at 9:00. The videos will be saved there afterwards. He also has lots of fun Kids Workout videos!
In addition to the normal supports, the NCSE is currently preparing online resources for children with Special Educational Needs who are at home as a result of the schools’ closure. Links to online resources are made available on their website
Suggested Timetable with the Experts!
- 9.00am- PE with Joe Wicks
- 10.00am-Maths with Carol Vorderman
- 11.00am-English with David Walliams
- 12.00pm-Lunch (Cooking with Jamie Oliver)
- 1.00pm- Music with Myleene Klass
- 1.30pm- Dance with Darcey Bussel
- 2.00pm-History with Dan Snow (free for 30 days)
- 4.00pm- Home Economics with Theo Michaels (Mon/Wed/Fri)
Non daily events include:
- Science with Professor Brian Cox, Robin Ince & Guests