The site on which the school now stands was donated to the then parish priest Fr. Lynch by Mr. Edward Rooney in 1877 with a view to building a parish church. The church was completed in 1904 and was named after St. Andrew and dedicated by Bishop Gaffney. The current building which houses St. Andrew’s National School dates back to 1952. Several classrooms have been added or extended over the years but the original school building had only two classrooms. There was a school in the parish before this at another location up at the crossroads but the current building dates back 70 years. In the 1950s and 1960s the school headmistress lived in the headmistress’ cottage up at the crossroads and a photo still exists of headmistress Ms. Peg Lennon outside the cottage during the time she lived there. Many pupils in our school community have parents, grandparents, great grandparents and older generations still who attended St. Andrew’s N.S. in previous years.