Meath Cumann na mBunscoil
Meath GAA are organising an online PE class on the 24th of June at 11am.
They are hoping for it to be the largest online PE class in Ireland.
Parents can access the session by registering via the link attached to the poster and they will be sent back the link for the "Live Session".
Click on poster to register!
Water Safety Ireland's PAWS (Primary Aquatics Water Safety) programme outlines the essential life-saving guidelines that every child needs to know. Learn skills that can save lives. PAWS delivers invaluable lessons that are simple common sense. Every parent is more than qualified to guide their children through them, all lessons have been adapted to facilitate home learning.
Schools might be temporarily closed but Food Dudes are bringing some Food Dudes fun to your home! They have games, worksheets and videos for parents to download for primary school children of all ages to make learning about fruit, vegetables and healthy eating fun.
Each week new resources, in Irish and English, will be added.
<<< Click on image to find out more
News Magazines for Kids
Corona Virus: A Book for Children
Axel Scheffler, award winning illustrator of The Gruffalo series, has illustrated a digital book for primary school age children, free for anyone to read on screen or print out, about the corona virus and the measures taken to control it. Gill books has published an Irish-specific version.
Professor Luke O'Neill, head of immunology at Trinity College Dublin said, 'This book is a fantastic resource for children, and explains the corona virus in a colourful and calming way. Adults will learn a thing or two too!'
You can access the book using the link below.
RTE Home School Hub'
RTÉ are providing a daily virtual classroom for all primary school children. Watch it weekdays on RTÉ2 from 11am, and anytime on the RTÉ player.
Keep an eye on www.rte.ie/learn for supporting worksheets and other materials.
Tá áthas ar TG4 a fhógairt go mbeidh tús á chur le clár nua Cúla4 Ar Scoil ar an Luan, an 20 Aibreán, a chraolfar gach maidin ag a 10 a.m.
TG4 is delighted to announce that a new programme, Cúla4 Ar Scoil will commence on Monday 20 April 2020, broadcasting on weekdays at 10a.m
Seo eolas faoi gach a mbeidh Caitríona & Fiachra ag múineadh an ochtú seachtain.
Stay Positive with these Activity Books
Draw Your Hero Art Competition
“Draw your hero” is an art competition designed to recognise the many different professions and people who are working tirelessly to bring Ireland through the Covid-19 pandemic.
Click here for more details
Earth Day 2020
An Post - Imagine Nation
An Post in partnership with Children’s Books Ireland brings you a 24-page booklet #ImagineNation. Overflowing with activities in drawing, writing and mindfulness from leading creatives including Niall Breslin, Sarah Crossan, Oliver Jeffers, Chris Haughton, Niamh Sharkey, Don Conroy and many more.
Coding for all ages!
NEPS Advice & Resources for keeping Children and Young People well during Covid-19
The Department of Education and Skills’ NEPS psychologists have developed advice and some resources for young people to manage and stay well when schools are closed.
Minister Harris answers children's questions on Covid-19
Grow in Love
Moves For Life (MFL) is an organisation of chess experts who support primary schools chess in Ireland. MFL are now offering free online chess activities for children from now until Ireland goes back to normality. Click on the PDF below for more details
Useful ideas & links
- www.storylineonline.net Listen to children's books being read by famous actors alongside creatively produced illustrations.
- https://www.mathsweek.ie/2019/maths-at-home/ use this link to take part in daily maths activities. Each day you will find a fun maths activity that you can do with everyday things that you might have at home.
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ - This is a great website with lots of maths games. You can find 'hit the button' to practice your addition, subtraction, multiplication and division tables and also 'The daily 10'. Why not try the daily 10 with your brothers, sisters, or even parents!
- https://www.twinkl.ie/ - This website is offering free membership for parents at the moment. You can sign up and find worksheets, powerpoint presentations and a lot more on a wide variety of topics.
- https://www.gonoodle.com/ - A fantastic resource to get some exercise- even if its raining! There is also lots of meditation and yoga available on this website.
- www.seomraranga.com Complete a daily 'Stay at Home' quiz with your family to build on your general knowledge.
- https://www.storyberries.com/ This is a free online collection of easy-to-read and beautifully illustrated stories, comics and poems for children.
- https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1 From Monday 23rd of March Joe Wicks will be doing a PE workout live every morning at 9:00. The videos will be saved there afterwards. He also has lots of fun Kids Workout videos!
In addition to the normal supports, the NCSE is currently preparing online resources for children with Special Educational Needs who are at home as a result of the schools’ closure. Links to online resources are made available on their website
Suggested Timetable with the Experts!
- 9.00am- PE with Joe Wicks
- 10.00am-Maths with Carol Vorderman
- 11.00am-English with David Walliams
- 12.00pm-Lunch (Cooking with Jamie Oliver)
- 1.00pm- Music with Myleene Klass
- 1.30pm- Dance with Darcey Bussel
- 2.00pm-History with Dan Snow (free for 30 days)
- 4.00pm- Home Economics with Theo Michaels (Mon/Wed/Fri)
Non daily events include:
- Science with Professor Brian Cox, Robin Ince & Guests